In general, Gogatsu-Byo is a physical and mental
weariness which people (especially new comers) suffer from after the Golden Week. It’s mainly caused by 2
reasons. First, they enjoyed too much the Golden
Week to come back to their works. Many people go on trips during the week,
but the week is not so long, so some people can’t fully recover their weekday
sense. Second, physical and mental fatigue which they have had during April
comes out. For the first month, they rarely become sick even if they’re
afflicted by new environment, new works, and new relationships because they’re
very busy to carry out them. However, this fatigue comes out as sickness when
they’re set free from those new things.
Talking about ICU freshman students, their Gogastu-Byo may appear after the
Retreat. I guess that this is a big event, so some people will be enthusiastic
for it, and then lose their energy after it. Seniors said that they enjoyed the
Retreat and hardly slept. I wonder that the Retreat will be enjoyable, but I
recommend students to sleep well at night.
Honestly speaking, I have many things to
study, so I’m too busy to suffer from mental Gogatsu-Byo. It may be a good point to be an ICU student.
Hi, Mai!! Thank you for commenting on my blog. I thought entirely the same thing with you; We are too busy to become Gogatsu-byo lol, but now I feel a litte nervous that I may get Gogatsu-byo after Retreat. Anyway, just enjoy Retreat so much and sleep well that we can forget about Gogatsu-byo!!
返信削除