2014年4月29日火曜日

The Limits of Locavorism

 Do you know Locavorism? It means to eat food produced in neighborhood. It’s appreciated because it seems beneficial to the environment and our health. First, it doesn’t require long-way transportation, so it uses less fossil fuel, and emits less greenhouse gases. Second, in Locavorism, produce are made by individual farmers. They use less drug, so it’s healthier than produce made in big factories. However, according to the Week (12/14/13), those believes are wrong. First, it emits less greenhouse gases to plant a certain produce to a proper area which the produce prefers. Second, individual farmer are not good at control produces’ conditions, so they more likely have some matter which may cause people illnesses.

Previously, I tended to support Locavorism because it looks like good. I know it’s a childish reason, but I did. Although I need much information of gas emission and food-borne illnesses to make sure whether Locavorism is a good idea, I appreciate this skepticism. In addition, I used to think that Locavorism is to eat food produced in neighbor farms, and not to force produces to be planted in inappropriate areas. Maybe, I should check its origin and how it has widespread. This article gave me a good inspiration for my first essay.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿