| CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 |
Hello, it has passed quite a long time since I last blogged.
What I was doing…well, I have been relaxing at home reading books or watching some
DVDs. Sometimes I went out to have a good time with my family or friends. I’m
pretty satisfied with my lovely and peaceful vacation, though I’m a little
jealous about those who travel abroad like Sea Program.
I went to
Space Expo 2014 at Makuhari a few days ago. This is the exhibition mainly
presented by JAXA and NASA, so there are tons of captions and materials about
space. For example, the real parachute, which was used to have astronauts come
back to the ground (or on the sea) safely, hangs down from the ceiling, and also
we can see the histories of the space development. Sounds fun, isn’t it? The
most impressive exhibit for me was the list of Project Apollo. Apollo 11 is
significantly famous, but there were other 16 programs which definitely include
some deadly failures. My mind was suddenly taken away by those dark histories,
even though I do not know much about them. Personally, I think the space
development tends to be associated with some kind of hope. However, it has in
turn the uncomfortable truth inevitably. Anyway, I want to keep those dark sides
of history which were surely crucial foundations of today. Also, I have to
mention that all history has unpleasant facts. I want to remember them as much
as I can.
It's been a while, InaMai! I'm glad to know you have a great time and make the most of this long vacation.
返信削除Space Expo seems so so exciting and I'd love to go there :)
By the way, do you know about Voyager? Personally, I'm really interested in this program.
take care always and enjoy the rest of your holidays!! see you soon <3
Hi, Minami! I miss you as section mates I met this summer do. I've heard the name Voyager, but I have no idea, so I looked at a little. Well, it is the project to search out of the solar system, right? I'm for you, I mean I found interesting points in it:) Although we're just tiny dots in the universe, we try to see a bigger world. How amazing!
返信削除Anyway, thank you for reading my blog. And have a good vacation, too! Don't devote yourself to someone too much lol
I understand that Voyager has now left our solar system and is officially the first human-made object furthest away from planet earth!! How exciting. Though on a technical point our radio waves have been traveling the universe since the 1st day we started broadcasting.
返信削除I think so, too. It's magnificent to wonder that the human-made object is moving forward where we don't know.
削除